View Current Postings (select "Academy at Middle Fork")
All applicants must apply through the Appalachian State University Office of Human Resources job portal.
- The Academy employs multiple teaching and support positions.
- Teachers must hold or be eligible to hold NC Teaching License.
- Teachers must be committed to meeting the needs of diverse learners within an innovative, progressive model of teaching and learning.
- Based on the NC statute, current WS/FCS teachers who are offered employment with the Academy will be granted a renewable leave of absence from their current teaching position and retain the ability to return to the school system.
- Personnel employed at the Academy maintain their state health and retirement benefits.
- Salaries match the state salary schedule and the WS/FCS supplement schedule.
- Applicants should be highly motivated and interested in professional development opportunities/requirements.