In accordance with Governor Roy Cooper's Executive Order, The Academy at Middle Fork will be CLOSED until May 15.
Please continue to watch for additional information as we work to continue to support our students and families. Visit the Coronavirus Updates page for additional updates.
Please visit the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) website for the latest Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Response in North Carolina information.
Please visit the App State Coronavirus Information website for information and updates from Appalachian State University.
Welcome to the Academy at Middle Fork
Appalachian State University Academy at Middle Fork provides a balanced education for children, teachers, principals, and families through the implementation of research-based practices, state of the art literacy instruction, and exemplary classroom instruction and administration.
About the Academy
The Reich College of Education at Appalachian State University has partnered with Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools to establish the Academy at Middle Fork.
Serving Grades K-5
Appalachian State University Academy at Middle Fork will offer services for grades Kindergarten through Fifth Grade starting in the Fall of 2018.
- Our goal is for the Academy to become a model, demonstration school, and resource for children, families, professionals, and partners
- The Academy will foster relationships and partnerships with surrounding community organizations and educational institutions
- The Academy will continue to partner with WSFCS under existing (and potentially new) partnerships and MOU agreements
- WSFCS will run a PreKindergarten program within the school building and under the administration of WSFCS
Applications will be accepted during the annual enrollment period January - June. Interested families should apply during this time.
- Children currently enrolled at the Academy are eligible for admission as well as students from the WSFCS who are currently enrolled in a low-performing school or did not meet expected growth in the prior school year based on one of the following indicators: grades, observations, diagnostic and formative assessments, state assessments, or other factors, including reading on grade level
- Families with eligible children are asked to declare their intention to enroll through the completion of an application form that is available in the school office and time-stamped
- Eligible students are accepted in the order in which the applications are received and by grade level and school capacity
- Target enrollment is 315 pupils for grades K-5
Data & Test Results
As the teacher, I hope to be introducing the students to new ideas, but I always let them know when they teach me something new, too! I like to ...
The Academy is making it known to the community that learning and a safe school environment are essential. The partnership with Appalachian State Univ...
Learning together means collaboration. Collaboration between administration and teachers and assistants and students to do everything we can to help e...