The Appalachian State University Academy at Middle Fork is a tuition-free, public lab school serving grades K-5 and is located in Walkertown, North Carolina. Any student in the WS/FCS district is eligible for admission to the Academy.
Learn what makes the Academy different from other schools and how the school provides a balanced education!
Admission Guidelines & Eligibility
Students currently enrolled at the Academy are eligible for admission*.
Any student in the WS/FCS district is eligible for admission. If you have questions about eligibility, please contact us.
*Returning families with eligible children are asked to declare their intention to enroll through an Intent to Return form, which is distributed in the spring of each year. These forms are also available in the school office.
Apply for Enrollment
Now enrolling for the 2021-22 school year! Applications will be accepted during the annual enrollment period January - June. It's free to apply.
- STEP 1: New families interested in attending the Academy in the fall should complete the online registration form to begin the enrollment process — only parents and/or legal guardians should complete this form. After you submit the form, someone from the school will contact you.
- STEP 2: Complete the Academy's enrollment packet that includes forms for bus transportation, the parent portal, health assessments and more. This packet is provided to new families who have completed STEP 1 above and must be completed and returned to the school as part of the enrollment process. Review the Enrollment Checklist for a list of required documents.
- STEP 3: Eligible students are accepted in the order in which the applications are received and by grade level and school capacity.
Attend an upcoming virtual Open House and discover how the Academy at Middle Fork supports students through a balanced curriculum and a positive behavior support system.
- Thursday, April 15 - 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 11 - 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 14 - 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 14 - 2 p.m.