The Appalachian State University Advisory Board for the Academy at Middle Fork shall consist of 10 members appointed by the Chancellor, whose purpose is to provide advice and guidance to the Chancellor regarding the operation of the Academy. The Advisory Board has the following duties including:
- Monitor the operations of the Academy and the distribution of moneys allocated for such operations.
- Recommend to the Chancellor necessary policy, program and administrative modifications.
- Evaluate biennially the performance of the Academy Principal and recommend corresponding action to the Chancellor.
- Annual review evaluations of the Academy's operation and research findings.
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the North Carolina General Assembly or the University of North Carolina Board of Governors' Subcommittee on Laboratory Schools, pursuant to N.C.G.S. Chapter 116, Article 29A.
Advisory Board Members
- Dr. Neva J. Specht, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, Chair
- Lee Barnes, Board of Trustees, Appalachian State University
- Cheryl Dickson, Community Representative
- Dr. Angela Pringle Hairston, Superintendent, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Dr. Lisa Gross, Professor, Curriculum and Instruction
- Dr. David Hostetler, Associate Professor, Leadership and Educational Studies
- Dr. Rebecca Payne Jordan, Assistant Professor, Reading Education and Special Education
- Dr. Denise Levy, Associate Dean for Academic Support, Beaver College of Health Sciences
- Dr. Melba Spooner, Dean, Reich College of Education
- Dr. Woodrow Trathen, Department Chair, Reading Education and Special Education
Vivid Oguntoyinbo, Board Secretary
University Program Associate
College Of Arts and Sciences